- Co-Owner/Artistic Director
- Laura’s passion and love for dance was discovered at a young age, she has
received extensive training in various dance forms. Studying dance in the
greater Toronto area, Laura became a competitive dancer competing in many
competitions across Canada and the United States. There she was trained in
B.A.T.D. (British Association of Teachers of Dancing) Syllabus and received
high quality marks in all her exams. She has studied several disciplines including;
Jazz, Tap, Ballet, Pointe, Musical Theatre, Hip Hop, Modern, Lyrical and Contemporary.
Laura decided to share her knowledge of dance and became a certified A.D.A.P.
T. (Associated Dance Arts for Professional Teachers) instructor. Throughout
her time as a dance instructor her students have excelled at competitions
receiving high marks in their categories, scholarships and special awards
such as most entertaining choreography. In addition to choreographing and
training competitive and dancers, Laura has recently been able to be on the
other side of competitions as she is now a certified competition Adjudicator
(PAA). It has also been very important to Laura that everyone has the chance
to dance, she was involved in introducing dance into daycares and schools
in and around her area with U Got Dance Inc. She also shared her love of dance
by teaching at a not for profit organization for four years. Laura is beyond
excited to be Co-owner and Artistic Director of Platinum Dance Project with
Jane Ongaro and looks forward to many more years in the dance community.
- Co-Owner/Artistic Director
- Jane Ongaro began dancing at 3 years old. She continued to train into
high school, training in all styles of dance with a focus on acro. Jane
also trained in R.A.D ballet and completed many examination up to the Advanced
levels. Miss Jane began teaching some classes in 2010 in the Whitby area.
In 2012 she started teaching both recreational and competitive programs
to students ages 3 to adult. Her competitive routines achieved many overall
awards as well as choreography recognition for many dances over the years.
In addition to teaching dance to children and adults over the years she
also works with TDC Entertainment in Toronto performing in many shows around
the GTA, some of these shows include performing at the opening ceremony
for the 2016 Inactus World Cup , Toronto Illuminite 2016, the Grand Opening
at Pearson International Airport and many more. She has trained in all forms
of dance. Her love and passion for the art is equal to the love she has
for her students. Jane is looking forward to furthering her training in
July by completing the acrobatique training course. Jane is beyond excited
to be Co-owner and Artistic Director of Platinum Dance Project with Laura
Belliveau and looks forward to the upcoming dance season.
- Ballet Program Director (RAD-RTS, ARAD, TTP Dip, NBS)
- Having danced from the age of three, Samantha has both studied and competed in Ballet, Jazz, Tap, Lyrical, Modern and Contemporary forms of dance. Samantha is a graduate of Canada's National Ballet School's Teacher Training Program. Here she achieved her Royal Academy of Dance teaching certification. Samantha's course of studies included; Royal Academy of Dance ballet, Cecchetti ballet and National Ballet School Syllabus. She also has an extensive knowledge of character and historical folk dancing. In 2013, The Royal Academy of Dance awarded her Advanced II standing with distinction. Samantha has also completed exams in A.D.A.P.T jazz and tap syllabus.
- As a young adult she continued to challenge her abilities, competing at the Youth America Grand Prix in Rhode Island and The ACE Capezio Awards at the Dance Teacher Summit in New York where she danced as a finalist as part of The Opus Dance Collective.
- While completing her course of studies at Canada's National Ballet School Teacher Training Program, Samantha has been an active dance teacher in the Durham Region and has traveled to Saskatchewan to direct dance camps for students in small communities. She always looks forward to sharing her passion for dance with new students.
- Adelyn began her journey as a dancer in ballet classes at the age of 3. After discovering her passion for the art, she started training in various styles such as jazz, tap, acro, ballet and contemporary at Durham Dance Centre in Pickering. She also excelled in tumbling classes in which she trained at a competitive level for many years. Adelyn began competing at age 7 and has attended countless regional and national level dance competitions throughout her youth. She studied the R.A.D. ballet syllabus and has completed many exams. She discovered her love for artistry and creativity at a young age where she often self choreographed her solos for performances. She later choreographed pieces for her younger sister on the varsity dance team at McMaster University which have won multiple overalls and choreography awards. Adelyn now enjoys teaching workshops and choreographing competitive routines for studios in Ontario and Quebec.
- Meanwhile, Adelyn also studied at the University of Guelph graduating in 2017 with a Bachelor of Science Honours in Biomedical Science. She also took contemporary classes offered at the University throughout her degree. Adelyn is very excited to be part of the faculty at Platinum Dance Project and hopes to inspire the young generation of dancers with her innovative choreography and modern teaching techniques.